Pages

March 8, 2011

Elvis - The Day the Lame Walked

Miracles fascinate me.  Signs and wonders blow my mind.  Daily.  Yup, I said it.  Daily.

I think part of the reason so many of us don't believe in miracles is because we hear a voice saying, "Well I've never seen one.  No one talks about them.  All the magical miracle powder must have gotten lost and fizzled sometime around ohhh 217 AD."  Here's what I tell that sneaky little voice...SHOVE IT! 


I'm about to change that stale, boring mindset of yours.  In fact I hope I ruffle some neatly laid feathers.  That's what someone did for me.  They took my stuffy theological arguments and practices and smashed them. 

Meet Elvis.  He's about 35 and Nicaraguan. 

I met Elvis on the street corner by the ATM machine.  He was propped up against the bank and his crutches.  A large black medical boot covered one of his legs.  Fortunately, Celeste insisted on stopping and asked for my translation services.  He readily agreed to some prayer on his leg.  He also asked us to pray for his family and that he could go back to work soon to take care of them.  Then Celeste asked him to walk without crutches.  He wasn't very eager to agree.  But he did.  (Celeste can be very convincing.)  He took about 2 steps and was shocked he could do even that. Cool!  Neat!  We thought, and then we went on our way.

2 Days later Elvis walks into our hotel, with his crutches, of course.  He's asking to see us in a manner full of commotion.  I'm slightly nervous, to be honest.  He tells us that after we prayed for him, 2 other girls we knew passed him a prayed for him.  Each time he felt better and better.  He wanted us to pray one more time.  He was convinced he'd be healed.  So we prayed.  The next thing I know, he's walking out of the hotel.  No crutches.  Really.  No crutches.  I think I really was speechless.  Like literally. 

We never did see him again.  That means he wasn't begging by the bank.  It means he was able to go back to work to support his family.  It means he was completely and miraculously HEALED. 

No comments:

Post a Comment