Pages

January 5, 2011

I laughed when mom gave me handwarmers for Xmas...

  • "Wow!  It's pretty warm out there.  It's like 25 degrees F," my boss tells me after returning from his walk outside.
  • Another co-worker has expressed anticipation (multiple times) about Friday's high of 26 F.  No joke.
  • The moisture from my neighbor's dryer caused his front door to completely freeze shut.  Is this for real?
  • My car refuses to start in the morning w/o a healthy dose of pedal to the metal.
  • As I walk thru the inside of the hotel lobby to our office I notice our snow trail that we've created over the past few DAYS.  At least our office is a balmy 55-60 degrees.
  • I wore gloves at work yesterday.  Thanks to Megan for the glove/mitten combo things.  I bet they do have some cute trendy name that I'm not aware of...
  • When guests call me to book rooms they gasp in horror at our current weather conditions.  (WAY below freezing and 3ft of snow?!  "THAT'S why I'm booking in July," they tell me.)
  • Despite all this there are somehow there are animals scurrying around my front door at night.
  • Yet...I'm looking forward to the day that I can XC ski or snowshoe to work.  Would anyone like to hasten that day in coming?  I'm 5'4" and not picky.

Welcome to Moran, Wyoming.  Home of Grand Teton National Park and, my new home, Jackson Lake Lodge.  I knew it was cold.  I didn't realize how cold.  (Like below 0 all week?!)  Ok, so I don't mind it so much, but it humors me, to say the least.

Jan 3rd, my 1st day,  on a -16F morning

PS - I take reservations for our summer lodging, incase you're convinced now.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment